- RSS Channel Showcase 7484628
- RSS Channel Showcase 9981647
- RSS Channel Showcase 7272948
- RSS Channel Showcase 2139729
Articles on this Page
- 10/13/14--15:43: _Fall Student Presen...
- 11/07/14--16:05: _DCIS-Montbello Fall...
- 01/27/15--06:49: _Run the Colfax Mara...
- 02/10/15--08:44: _DCIS Foundation’s S...
- 03/17/15--08:08: _Over 500 Denver Stu...
- 04/07/15--11:35: _Denver Post YourHub...
- 08/16/15--09:24: _Foundation Board Me...
- 08/16/15--10:09: _Global Speaker Even...
- 10/21/15--07:05: _Fall Presentations:...
- 01/11/16--14:11: _Annual Spring Dinne...
- 06/14/16--14:21: _DCIS Foundation See...
- 08/31/16--19:34: _Fall Fundraiser Fea...
- 09/07/16--09:38: _Fall Scholarship Info
- 12/12/16--07:31: _Annual Report 2015-...
- 02/17/17--12:23: _Save the Date! 2017...
- 04/26/17--07:11: _New Video Online Now!
- 12/11/17--08:59: _Seeking New Board M...
- 12/11/17--15:32: _Application Deadlin...
- 01/08/18--18:36: _Annual Report Now A...
- 01/28/18--20:51: _DCIS Foundation Pas...
- 10/13/14--15:43: Fall Student Presentations
- 11/07/14--16:05: DCIS-Montbello Fall Presentations
- 01/27/15--06:49: Run the Colfax Marathon for the DCIS Foundation
- 02/10/15--08:44: DCIS Foundation’s Spring Dinner: The World as A Classroom
- 04/07/15--11:35: Denver Post YourHub: Taking Education Beyond the Classroom
- 08/16/15--09:24: Foundation Board Meets 2014-2015 Goals
- 08/16/15--10:09: Global Speaker Event & Book Signing
- 10/21/15--07:05: Fall Presentations: Nov. 4 & 18
- 01/11/16--14:11: Annual Spring Dinner: April 27, 2016
- 06/14/16--14:21: DCIS Foundation Seeks Board Members
- 08/31/16--19:34: Fall Fundraiser Featuring Author Helen Thorpe
- 09/07/16--09:38: Fall Scholarship Info
- 12/12/16--07:31: Annual Report 2015-2016
- 02/17/17--12:23: Save the Date! 2017 Spring Dinner: The World As a Classroom
- 04/26/17--07:11: New Video Online Now!
- 12/11/17--08:59: Seeking New Board Members!
- 12/11/17--15:32: Application Deadlines & Requirements
- 01/08/18--18:36: Annual Report Now Available
- 01/28/18--20:51: DCIS Foundation Passport Dinner: April 26, 2018
In November, students who traveled last year will have the opportunity to give presentations about their experiences. We invite community members to attend to hear how these experiences change lives! Wed. Nov. 5, 2014: DCIS at Montbello students will give their presentations from 6:00-8:00 pm at DCIS at Montbello (5000 Crown Blvd) Thurs. Nov. 20, […]
On November 5, several groups of students from DCIS-Montbello gave presentations about their recent travel experiences using DCIS Foundation scholarships. Their stories and photos were very impressive – we loved hearing about ways travel changed these students’ lives! We heard from students who travelled to France, China, Greece, Italy, Spain and Washington DC. Want to know […]
Run the Colfax Marathon for the DCIS Foundation May 16 and 17, 2015! (**hurry and register before Jan. 28 for reduced pricing**) By running, you help raise funds to support the work of the DCIS Foundation! Step 1: Register to participate in the Colfax Marathon Races at http://www.runcolfax.org/register/ and choose the Denver Center for International Studies […]
Your support of the DCIS Foundation’s dinner will help to ensure international and cultural opportunities for our students from kindergarten through the 12th grade. Date: Thursday, April 23rd, 2015 Time: 6:00p.m. Cocktails / 7:00p.m. Dinner Location: The Denver Athletic Club, GrandBallroom, 1325 Glenarm Place, Denver Tickets: $125 per person RSVP and Order Tickets: Visit EventBrite to let us know you’ll […]
Denver Center for International Studies Foundation Awards $32,340 in Scholarships March 17, 2015, DENVER – The Denver Center for International Studies (DCIS) Foundation announces it has awarded $32,340 in scholarships to Denver Public Schools students during the 2014-2015 school year. More than 500 students from ECE through 12th grade who attend one of four DCIS […]
When high-school students Jack Virnich and Jennifer Arreola-Soria go on stage in April to talk about their travels to Japan and China last year, they likely won’t be reading a laundry list of museums they visited or boat rides they took. They did do those things – and thoroughly enjoyed them. But what Jack and […]
The DCIS Foundation board of directors had its annual retreat in Estes Park yesterday. We’re proud to say that we accomplished all of our goals last year, and are so excited about the year ahead! Here are the goals we met: 1. Tell our story: We updated our website with a new “student stories” page, […]
Please join us on September 23, 2015 for an evening with Ambassador Christopher Hill. This amazing event will include a presentation, a question-and-answer session, a book signing, a silent auction and international food tastings. What: DCIS Foundation Global Speakers Event and Book Signing Who: Ambassador Christopher Hill, 2 students, and Honorary Belgian Consulate, Frank Schuchat […]
Save the date! Fall presentations are happening in November. This is a unique opportunity to hear directly from scholarship recipients about their travels over the past year – and get a first-hand glimpse at how travel has transformed them. Join us on one or both of these dates: Nov. 4 at 5:30 pm to hear […]
Please join us for our annual “The World As a Classroom” spring dinner! Your support of the DCIS Foundation’s dinner will help to ensure international and cultural opportunities for our students from ECE through the 12th grade. Date: Thursday, April 27, 2016 Time: 6:00p.m. Cocktails / 7:00p.m. Dinner Location: The Denver Athletic Club, GrandBallroom, 1325 Glenarm Place, Denver […]
Dear friends, community members, alumni, parents, teachers and business leaders, Are you passionate about discovering other cultures, ideas and people around the globe? Does the idea of sending students on travel, cultural and language immersion trips thrill you? If so, consider joining the Denver Center for International Studies Foundation board! We’re always on the lookout […]
We are pleased to announce that the DCIS Foundation’s annual fall fundraiser is on the books! Here’s what you’ll find at this year’s event: Guest speaker Helen Thorpe, award-winning author of Just Like Us, will speak about the experiences of four young Mexican girls coming of age in America A student panel featuring DCIS-Montbello and DCIS-Baker students […]
Save the dates for fall scholarship opportunities! Mandatory Orientation: DCIS Montbello: Sept. 13 during lunch in the conference room DCIS Baker: Sept. 15 & 16 during lunch, location TBD (stay tuned!) Scholarship Applications Due: Sept. 28 Student Scholarship Interviews: Week of Oct. 10
The DCIS Foundation has published its annual report for the school year 2015-2016. Check it out to learn about our work last year and the impacts of our scholarships on DCIS students! Download Annual Report 2015-2016
Join the Denver Center for International Studies Foundation for an evening of inspiring speakers and delicious food with a global flair. The DCIS Foundation Spring Dinner raises funds to help take global education beyond the classroom and provide travel and cultural exchange opportunities for students of the DCIS schools. These unique experiences increase international understanding, […]
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” Travel opens up myriad opportunities for students in the Denver Center for International Studies program – exposing them to new cultures, new languages, new relationships – and forming a new understanding of the world and their place in it. Here […]
Join the DCIS Foundation Board of Directors! Interested in travel, global education and promoting cultural understanding? You can support DCIS students as a member of the Denver Center for International Studies (DCIS) Foundation’s board of directors. We are especially interested in candidates who have knowledge and experience in these areas: • Finance • Bookkeeping • […]
Scholarship Application Information for 2018 Heads-up for DCIS-Baker students interested in scholarship opportunities from the DCIS Foundation! The DCIS Foundation requires that every student who wants to apply for a scholarship attend an orientation meeting and participate in interviews. Important upcoming dates for DCIS-Baker students follow – mark your calendars! Application Preparation Orientations (Parents Welcome) January […]
The DCIS Foundation is pleased to present our annual report for the 2016-2017 school year. Download it here.
Igniting Global Understanding, Shaping Tomorrow’s Leaders New Venue! The Denver Museum of Nature & Science | 2001 Colorado Blvd., 80205 Thursday, April 26, 2018 | Cocktails: 6:00 p.m. • Dinner: 7:00 p.m. …Featuring Matthew Taylor | Author, Professional Actor, Storyteller and Humorist …Highlighting the transformative travel experiences of DCIS students …Honoring several members of our community with the DCIS […]